Iceland Camper Van Packing List
What to bring for your Camping trip in Iceland during summer!
Electronics You Should Bring:
- A mobile phone should be the very first item on your Iceland campervan packing list. Today’s smartphones come with a range of powerful features. Not only can they serve their primary purpose to make calls, but they also allow you to research, GPS navigate, communicate via the internet, and much more.
- Add your laptop to the camper van essentials. It will make it easier to communicate with properties and rental agencies, figure out your itinerary, and share your adventures online.
- Although you can get by with a smartphone camera, consider taking along a DSLR camera. While figuring out what to pack for Iceland, think about how you want to capture your memories. With this camera, you will snap higher quality photos and have various editing settings.
- A GoPro is the most popular camera for snapping exciting on-the-go moments. So, it should be among the things to pack for camping in a camper. This is probably the most convenient way to shoot high-quality video.
- When considering what to bring to Iceland, many people forget to pack an external hard drive. However, it comes in handy when you need to securely store your newly shot footage and photographs.
- For every electronic in your Iceland campervan packing list, pack away its corresponding charger. It would be a shame to forget it. Therefore make sure to double-check for each one before you go.
- In Iceland, you will likely access WiFi in at least a few public locations. Have a secure VPN connection to protect your privacy and sensitive data.
- Speaking of WiFi, if you find that your hotel’s connection is weak, use a mini pocket router to connect directly to the cable and improve its strength.
- A power bank is a must-have. Bringing it can be your backup when you have a dying phone battery in a remote location.
- For most people, the camera equipment mentioned above will be sufficient. But, include a drone to shoot spectacular birds-eye view images. Among all the things to bring to Iceland, a drone might be worth considering.
- Finally, a pair of headphones or good-quality Bluetooth speakers could be valuable additions to your Iceland campervan packing list.
How to Prepare
We’ve explored how to pack for Iceland. Let’s look at how to prepare for your trip.
First off, start planning early! For instance, April visitors should look into what to bring to Iceland in the spring. Take note of clothing, shoes, and other accessories to better pack. Also, take into account the activities you wish to participate in or sights to see. To put in perspective, if you plan to dip into Iceland’s hot springs, remember to pack away your swimsuit. By the way, are you wondering what to bring to Iceland during the summer? You will definitely need a swimsuit during that season.
Another crucial aspect of the trip is smart budgeting. Since Iceland became one of the hottest tourist destinations in the world, the prices have been steadily going up. Not to mention, the country’s growing economy is also a contributing factor. Figure out how much you can spend and look into how much your journey might cost.
Public transportation may limit you from seeing everything Iceland has to offer. Therefore, driving yourself around may make those exciting destinations more accessible. Even better, rent a camper from Rent.is. Fully enjoy the freedom and flexibility of comfortable living on four wheels while taking in your favorite sights.
However, when touring the country in your rental van, always be mindful of keeping your gas tank full. Plus, make sure you take out a prepaid card to pay for the gas, as many of the gas stations around the country are unmanned and only accept local cards.
Also, be mindful of the local laws – speed cameras are everywhere. Wearing seatbelts is mandatory for all passengers, as well. What’s more, driving off-road is strictly forbidden under all circumstances and punishable by hefty fines.
Another thing to consider is that you can’t do everything on your own. Activities like walking on top of glaciers, traveling to remote locations, or going out to the sea usually require professional guides. Therefore, make sure you book your tours in advance before they sell out.
For more help with your travel itinerary, check out our blog. Additional information is available on the official tourist information website for Iceland, as well.
Packing for Iceland can seem like a daunting task, but if you plan in advance you will be well prepared for your upcoming journey.
There’s no better way to explore the beautiful and unique landscape of this magical island than with an Iceland camper rental from Rent.is. We are totally committed to making sure you have the trip of your dreams. Get started and plan for a stress-free trip across Iceland by booking your rental today!
Iceland Travel Guides
If you like what you see, please subscribe to our YouTube channel!