Terms and Conditions
Rent Nordic. ehf
Flugvellir 22 – 230 Reykjanesbær
Tel: +354 567 3000
AGE REQUIREMENT AND DRIVERS LICENSE:
A full driver’s license must have been held for at least 12 months and must presented at the start of the rental. Renter must be 18 years of age to rent a vehicle. However, costumers under the age of 20 years, must purchase a Premium insurance or Platinum zero insurance when renting vehicle.
Each driver will need to provide a valid driver’s license. If the License is written in non-Latin characters, they’ll also need to provide a valid international Driving permit or a certified translation.
CREDIT CARD IMPRINT:
All rentals are subject to the full rental agreement terms and conditions at the time of rental. A credit card imprint will be taken at the start of all rentals for security reasons, even when a voucher covers the cost of the rental. This credit card imprint may be used to pay all extra charges as extra insurance, parking fines, damages, or any cost due to the rented car as a result of the renter’s use of the car.
The credit card shall be of a driver or a passenger, please note that the owner must be present. Prepaid credid/debit cards are not exepted for this step.
Larger campers for 4+ persons require a deposit. At pick-up, a driver or a passenger must leave a refundable security deposit of 350.000ISK on their credit card. Cash, prepaid credit, debit cards and electronic payments (f.x. Apple pay/android pay) are not accepted for the deposit.
A physical card is needed.
Mastercard Credit Visa Credit
A deposit and Credit card is not required if renter purchases an insurance package, either Premium Package or Platinum Package.
We reserve the right to substitute vehicles when the reserved car types is not available, either with a similar car or higher class.
The crosscamper flex is a 2WD vehicle that is permitted to drive on certain “F” roads. Roads No. 35 (Kjölur), No. 550 (Kaldidalur) and No. 208 towards Landmannalaugar (only up to the river before the campsite).
The vehicle is not allowed to cross rivers.
A penalty fee of 100.000 ISK will be charged if the car is driven on unauthorized roads.
The rental car should be returned with the same fuel level as stated at the beginning. If the car is returned with less fuel, we will charge the cost for the missing fuel, plus a service fee of 5.000ISK.
Local value added tax (VAT) 24% is included in all prices.
The person reserving the vehicle, gets automatically listed as the main driver. Any other driver can be added as an extra driver. Any wishes to change the main driver, shall be done through email minimum 48 hours before pickup.
If a reservation is cancelled 24 hours before pick up time a full refund is issued.
In case of a No-Show or last minute cancellation we charge the full rental amount.
Rent.is is authorized to cancel a reservation if the vehicle in the reserved class or higher is damaged/not rentable from the previous renter or due to a delay in production.
VEHICLE PICK UP FEE AFTER DAMAGE:
350 ISK per KM.
Third party liability is equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at each time. This also applies to the amount of individual driver liability.
Third party coverage and personal accident insurance is included in your rental.
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) – Included
CDW self risk is 350.000 ISK
Third party liability insurance shall be equivalent to the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at the time. The lessee is fully responsible for any and all damage to the car. Normally by purchasing CDW the lessee can insure himself against the disbursement of the driver liability.
Damages not included in CDW;
Wind blown doors, damages caused by driving in rivers or any watercourse, damages to the underside and chassis (e.g. hitting the car under or a rock puncture), damages caused by sand or any earth material being blown on to the car, gross negligence, driving while intoxicated, towing or assistance.
Premium Insurance Package (PIP) – Optional
Self risk in case of body damage 50.000ISK
Self risk in case of Sand and ash damages 90.000ISK
Package including (CDW- SCDW – TP – GP- SAAP) for 3.900 ISK per day.
Damages not included in PIP; Tire protection, wind blown doors, damages caused by driving in rivers or any watercourse, damages to the underside and chassis (e.g. hitting the car under or a rock puncture), gross negligence, driving while intoxicated, towing or assistance.
Platinum Plus Insurance Package (PZP) – RECOMMENDED
Self risk in case of damage 0 ISK
Insurance including all insurance, and lowering liability.
Included extras: WIFI hotspot, 3x Extra drivers and Free child seats.
Damages not included in PZP; Damages caused by driving in rivers or any watercourse, damages to the underside and chassis (e.g. hitting the car under or a rock puncture), gross negligence, driving while intoxicated, towing or assistance.
Charges for damage are based on the normal market price for a quality repair using software called CABAS which is recognized by Insurance companies worldwide. It is not economical to repair every scratch and dent, and therefore we base some of our charges on the decrease in value of the car if it was sold with the damage.
THE FOLLOWING DAMAGES ARE NOT COVERED BY ANY INSURANCE
- Damages caused by negligence or driving while intoxicated.
- Damages to the underside of the vehicle.
- Damages done by driving into rivers or any kind of watercourse.
- Damages caused by off-roading.
- Damages caused to the interior of the vehicle.
- Damages caused by sand and ash storms, (only applies if the renter has not opted for SAAP, PIP or PZP insurance).
- Damage to any accessories like GPS, WIFI hotspot, Keys, Roof-box, or Roof tent.
THE FOLLOWING CHARGES ARE NOT COVERED BY ANY INSURANCE
- Road assistance or towing required due to the lessee’s miss-use or mistakes such as getting stuck in snow, sand, water, or river.
- Road assistance or towing required because of a breakdown or damage that is the lessee’s responsibility.
- Charges when putting the wrong fuel in the vehicle.
- Charges for loosing accessories like GPS, WIFI hotspot, Keys, Roof-box or Roof tent.
- Service charges and handling fees related to the lessee’s use of the car, such as parking fines, speeding. fines, tunnels fees or returning the vehicle with less fuel.
There is a service fee for up to 5.000ISK added to all fines or charges due to the lessee’s use of the vehicle.
We charge the lessee for the fine with the added service fee.
Our vehicles are non-smoking.
If evidence of smoking is found, the lessee will be charged a cleaning fee of 45.000ISK.
Breakdown service number:
Available 24hours +354 844-3030
RENTAL AGREEMENT - TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Obligations of the Lessor:
- The lessee agrees to the provisions of this lease and has received a copy of it.
- The lessee//driver shall be at least 18 years old and shall have held a valid driver’s license for at least one year before renting the vehicle and must present the license before signing the agreement. The lessee/driver shall abide by Icelandic law and regulations when driving.
- The lessee will return the automobile ( At the return location listed on the rental agreement or otherwise pay in full for transportation to the return location)
- And all accessories (including tires and tools) in the condition they were in when received, with the exception of normal wear due to use.
- Sufficiently clean, not excessively dirty. A vehicle returned excessively dirty is subject to a clean-up fee of 45.000ISK.
- On the date specified by this lease, unless otherwise agreed later.
- To the lessor’s premises, unless otherwise agreed.
- With the fuel tank at the same level as at pick-up. The renter lessee agrees that missing fuel will be charged in addition to a service charge.
- If the lessee does not return the vehicle at the time agreed upon in this lease or does not declare his intention to extend the lease, the lessor or the police are authorized to repossess the vehicle without further notice and at the lessee’s cost. Extending the lease is dependent on the consent of the lessor. If the lessee returns the vehicle 1 hour or later after the lease has expired, the lessor is authorized to demand up to 24-hour rental under the terms of this lease.
- The vehicle shall be handled and driven carefully. Only those named as drivers on the first page of this agreement are authorized to drive the automobile. The lessee is liable for damage resulting from use of the vehicle for which no compensation will be paid by the vehicle’s insurance company. This includes damage to the automobile and/or injury to passengers due to the following:
- Off-road driving,
- Driving across rivers or any kind of watercourse,
- Intentional acts or gross negligence,
- Use of intoxicants by the driver,
- Vehicle use that contravenes Icelandic law and/or the provisions of this lease.
- Strong wind.
- Driving vehicles that are not four-wheel drive (4×4) on roads that are F-marked on official maps.
- Driving on closed roads as published by the Icelandic Road Administration.
- In the event of a collision or accident, the lessee shall immediately notify the appropriate police authorities as well as the lessor, and the lessee may not leave the scene before the police have arrived. The lessor is obligated to report any damages to the car, regardless of any collision damage waivers (CDW or SCDW) assigned to the rental.
- The number of kilometers (km) that the vehicle is driven while this lease is in force is determined by reading a normal odometer supplied with the vehicle by the manufacturer. The lessee shall notify the lessor as soon as possible if the odometer is out of order or stops functioning during the term of the lease.
- The lessee agrees to pay the lessor, upon request:
- A deposit amounting to the estimated cost of hiring the car,
- Any and all expenses incurred by the lessor if he must bring the vehicle back to his premises, if it has been left somewhere without supervision, without regard to the condition of the vehicle, the roads, or the weather.
- General charges for towing, resulting from the renter’s misuse or mistakes.
- The cost of required assistance because of a breakdown or damage, caused by the lessee.
- Cost of any fines or charges resulting from the lessee’s rental. A handling fee of up to 5.000ISK is charged by the lessor for any official inquiry the company must respond to. The renter agrees that this fee and the fine/charge may be charged from the credit card provided by the lessee.
- The lessee is not authorized to have repairs done or make changes to the vehicle or its accessories, or to put the vehicle up as any kind of security, without the prior consent of the lessor.
- The lessee is not authorized to use the vehicle to transport passengers for payment, loan it to others, or sublease it.
- The lessee/driver or passengers may not smoke in the car. Evidence of this will result in a clean-up fee of a minimum of 45.000 ISK.
Obligations of the Lessee:
- The lessor undertakes to supply the vehicle at the agreed time and to see that it meets the demands made for it.
- If the vehicle malfunctions due to normal wear and tear, or for other reasons for which the lessee cannot be held responsible, the lessor shall supply the lessee with a comparable vehicle as soon as possible or at the latest within 24 hours, or arrange to have repairs done. In case of such malfunction, the lessor does not pay any kind of compensation, neither for accommodation nor for other reasons.
- The lessor shall inform the lessee of the content of this agreement, particularly as regards the obligations that the lessee undertakes by signing it.
- The lessor shall inform a foreign lessee regarding Icelandic traffic regulations, traffic signs, and regulations banning off-road driving. The lessor shall particularly point out the dangers stemming from animals on the roads.
- If the lessor wants to limit the use of the vehicle concerning its equipment and/or road conditions, this shall be done in writing when this lease is signed.
- The lessor undertakes to maintain valid liability insurance for his business operations.
- The lessor cannot be held responsible for items left in the rented vehicle after drop off.
- The lease sum/rental fee includes mandatory vehicle insurance, including liability insurance and accident insurance for the driver and the owner.
- Third-party liability insurance will consist of the amount stipulated by Icelandic law at any given time.
- The lessee can purchase separate accident (All-risks) insurance. This policy will specify the amount deductible in each instance of loss.
- The CDW and SCDW do not include coverage for the following: / does not offer a lowered liability for the following.?
- Damages caused by the wind blowing up the doors.
- Damages to the tires and service related to changing or repairing the tire.
- Damage caused by animals.
- Damage caused by sand, gravel, ash, pumice, or other kinds of earth material being blown onto the vehicle.
- Damages caused to the vehicle from standing, sitting, mounting, or climbing on the car or from any actions that do not fall under regular use.
- In other instances, reference is made to the general conditions for CDW and SCDW insurance and to clause (6) of the insurance policy (stating what is never covered by any type of insurance).
- The lessee may purchase special Gravel protection (GP), Theft protection (TP). Sand and ash protection (SAAP), Theft protection (TP), Premium Package, Platinum Plus+ Package.
- The following things are not covered by any insurance:
- Damages to the underside of the car; including damage caused by driving on rough roads to the vehicle’s transmission, drive, and other parts that are in or attached to the chassis; damage to the chassis resulting from the vehicle scraping bottom on rough roads as a result of ridges being left by road graders; stones lodged in the road surface or on the shoulder of the road. The same applies to damage occurring when stones are thrown up, striking the underside of the vehicle during driving.
- Water damages do to or after driving across rivers or any kind of watercourse, including but not limited to damages to the cars’ electrical system, accessories, or engine.
- Damages caused to the clutch or other mechanical damages resulting from the renter’s negligence or misuse of the car.
- Damages to the interior of the car, including holes burned into seats, carpets, or mats,
- Any assistance or towing due to the renter’s negligence, mistake, or misuse of the car. Vehicle towing fee 350ISK per km after damages,
- Intentional damage or damage due to gross negligence on the part of the driver.
- Damages caused by a non-registered driver.
- Damage caused from driving under the influence of alcohol, stimulants, or sedatives, or in any other way incapable of driving the vehicle safely.
- Damage due to race or test driving.
- Damage due to war, revolution, civil unrest, riots.
- Damage affecting only wheels, tires, suspension, batteries, glass/windows, radios, or theft of parts of the vehicle and damage resulting from this.
- Damage resulting from driving in places where vehicle traffic is banned, such as paths, tracks, banks of snow, ice, unbridged rivers, or streams. beaches, places only accessible at low tide, or other trackless areas.
- If the vehicle is transported by sea, no compensation will be paid for damage caused by sea spray/seawater.
- Damage to or loss of accessories, such as the car keys, WIFI hotspot, GPS unit, kitchen utensils, sleeping bags, chairs, tables, roof box, or rooftent.
- Damages caused by adding wrong fuel.
- The lessee agrees that any damages not covered by the insurance of the vehicle are their responsibility and may be charged to the provided credit card.
- The lessee confirms with their signature on this rental agreement, the terms and the conditions and inspection form given, and that the car and its accessories are in good condition.
- This lease agreement shall always be kept in the vehicle during the term of the lease.
- Additions and amendments to the conditions and provisions of this lease agreement shall be made in writing.
- Early returns are non-refundable.
- By providing their credit card details to the lessor, the lessee agrees with a signature on this rental agreement that the lessor is authorized to charge the card for the rental fee and any other fees, charges, or fines that may arise from this rental.
- Icelandic law applies to agreements made based on the terms cited above. This includes any compensation claims that might be made. This applies both to the basis for and the calculation of compensation. The same applies to claims for damages based on liability outside this agreement. If legal disputes arise concerning this lease agreement, they will be heard before the lessor’s legal venue.
- It should be pointed out that disputes between the parties to this lease agreement can be submitted to the active Arbitration committee of the Icelandic Consumers Association and the Icelandic Travel Industry Association.